There were no injuries in Friday's fire at Randy's Body and Wrecker on Friday. According to Estherville Fire Chief Dick Beaver, firefighters were paged to 1020 Sixth Ave. S. just before 2:30 p.m., Friday, for a structure fire. Upon arrival, firefighters saw smoke coming out of the attic events. It was determined that it was an attic fire around the oil burner chimney and it spread through the insulation across the attic. The building is owned and operated by Richard Harris. Firefighters were on scene for 4 hours and the Estherville Fire Department was assisted by departments from Wallingford and Gruver, as well as Estherville Ambulance and Estherville Police Department.
Photo by David Swartz
No comments on this item Please log in to comment by clicking here